[oletrucks] Carb tips

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Carb tips
From: "BORDER,RYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ryan_border@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:05:12 -0800
Hello-
  I need to do some work on my 55-2nd this weekend, and before getting
myself into too much of a mess, I thought I would poll the collective wisdom
of the group:

Engine: 350, mild mods (cam, headers, torquer intake, etc.)

Carb: Quadrajet

Symptom: after flooring it out of a corner a while back, it's quit idling
worth beans.  All indications are that it's running way too rich.  It runs
much better when the throttle is opened.

Just looking for some simple pointers on what to look for.  If I had to take
an uneducated guess, I'd say somehow the secondaries are stuck partway open
or something.

Will check all the easy stuff (points, plugs, etc.) first, but I really
think this is a carb issue.

Thanks-
Ryan.