Re: [oletrucks] 1955 first rear end.

To: wschick1@twcny.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1955 first rear end.
From: Rick N Wagner <rnwagner@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:30:57 -0600
I just happen to measure a 57 today and it was 55 1/4". I measured from
the rounded area near the outer edge of the backing plate. I was going to
use this rear end in my 53 GMC but have decided to go with another. I
have access to a 68 rear end and it measures 55 3/8" at the same rounded
areas of the backing plate. It also sports a 3.73 gear set, which should
work pretty well with my T-5 tranny and 30 inch rear tires. I haven't run
the math on this but think it will work pretty good. Rick W.
On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 19:59:54 -0500 "William Schickling"
<wschick1@twcny.rr.com> writes:
> Anyone,
>
> Does anyone have a 1955 first series Chevy truck, that could measure
> the
> distance between the backplates on the rear end for me? I am trying
> to find
> the narrowest open drive, 6 lug, rear end to use in my truck. I have
> the
> measurements of a 1955 second series rear end, and need to compare.
>
> Bill Schickling
> 1940 1/2 ton - Casey
> 1940 3/4 ton - Katie
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/schickling/1940Chevy/index.html
> 1959

Rick Wagner-Kansas City,Mo--53 GMC Suburban--49 Chevy Suburban--52 Chevy
Pick-up--49 Chevy Pick-up