[oletrucks] oil dipstick tube

To: oldchevytrucks <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] oil dipstick tube
From: Ronald Smiley <smilin_ron@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
Lists:  A few weeks ago I asked about removal of oil
dipstick tube.  I got several responses and here is
what worked.  I tried vice grips, but that tended to
oval the tube.  I tried fastening a small stainless
hose clamp to the tube and tapping on it with a
hammer.  In addition to bending the tube, the clamp
wanted to slip.  I finally was successful when I found
a piece of one quarter inch round stock,I'm guessing
on the size, inserted it about a inch and a half into
the top of the tube, fastened the stainless clamp
around that area, and used the hammer.  It came out
fairly easily then.  I also was successful in getting
the crankcase ventilation tube out using a chain
wrench and my size eleven.  It took some persuasion to
get it to move in the beginning.  So I got a couple
things done this weekend.

Ron
53 3100
http://taxes.yahoo.com/