[oletrucks] Update - Replacement Ring & Pinion Gears

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Update - Replacement Ring & Pinion Gears
From: "Randall J. Krebs" <lawgod@offshore-tax.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:03:32 -0400
I have started the ball in motion to get more information.  They have asked
a question regarding the diameter of the ring gear (I didn't know without
pulling the cover off my old '58).  The following number is just an ESTIMATE
so that people can give me more feedback.

They are telling me that the magic number of units is 100 of each type/set.
The estimated price is $165 to $185 per set.

The price seems right, but I only had 13 people respond, and I would guess
that not all want the same set.

It seems to me that there is a business opportunity for someone who might be
in the business or interested in getting into the business (upto 140% mark
up vs. the going rate).  Maybe that person is me, but naturally the price
would increase because I would have to sit on an inventory.

I'm not making any money off of this - actually I don't even need one, I
have swapped in a Ford 9 inch.

Comments please!

Randy