Re: [oletrucks] Cam Shaft

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cam Shaft
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:26:05 -0700
> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:22:47 -0500
> From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Cam Shaft
>
> A question for you gear heads. On a small block Chevy, for my blower
> motor (6-71, dual carbs) Comp Cam told me to run this cam considering I
> would run a mild stall, low compression blower pistons, and wanted to be
> able to drive it on the street and maybe A/C
>
> (Duration)  234 Intake  244 Exhaust            (Lift).498 Intake .500
> Exhaust        112 degrees Lobe Separation
>
> My question is, would this cam be about the same or a big difference?
>
> (Duration) 234 Intake  244 Exhaust            (Lift) .488 Intake  .510
> Exhaust      114 degrees  Lobe Separation
>
> I order most of my parts from Summit, and they don't list the Comp Can,
> but they do have their own cam (the second one listed).
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Bill--

What a coincidence...I went thru the same thing with my blower motor, I
have the Summit cam for the big block (more lift, similar duration) in
my mild blown 454.  It works great, and I'm tied with one Comp Cam
failure and one Summit cam failure.

You'll like it, but I suggest you run a 2500 rpm stall speed converter.

Jim F
59s in AZ