[oletrucks] Could they have been that stupid to put all those amps throu

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Could they have been that stupid to put all those amps through
From: SurfDudeSC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 19:48:39 EDT
So I'm rewiring my 57 GMC 1/2 ton and behold.

Start solenoid (battery) -- to -- discharge side of  voltmeter.
Alternator primary -- to -- charge side of voltmeter.
Ignition switch (battery terminal) -- to -- charge side of voltmeter.

All 10 guage red primary wire with battery amperage running through one tiny
little voltmeter in a steel dash in the cab waiting to short out and fry
right before my eyes (or my 15 year old son's, see its his truck I just do
all the mechanical work on it).

THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!  Any advice appreciated to get those amps
outside of the cab where they belong.  Thanks.  David

57 GMC 1/2 ton, original 270 engine.