Re: [oletrucks] '49 engine replacement question

To: <JohnHuntD@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 engine replacement question
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 08:12:30 -0500
You don't say whether you have a Chevy or a GMC, but if it has a 216 then it
is a Chevy.  The 235 & the 261 are the only true "bolt in" replacements.
The GMC blocks are longer & would require you to move the front engine mount
forward, along with the radiator.  I have gathered this info from the list
(a few years back); you might search the archives about the details of
trying to put a GMC engine into a Chevy, but one thing I'm sure
of-rebuilding a 302 is going to cost a lot more than any of the others.
They are pretty hard to find & the parts are low volume repro runs for the
vendors.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com