[oletrucks] 63-87 1/2 ton IFS suspension upgrade

To: steve@dotcomgeeks.com, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 63-87 1/2 ton IFS suspension upgrade
From: chevy3100@mindspring.com
Date: 13 May 2002 12:53:46 Pacific Standard Time
Hello......Here are some pictures of my installation os a 1963 IFS unit on my
1950 Chevy truck.  The measurement shown is 21" from the front of the frame
rail to the forward upper A-arm bolt (see photo).  The cross member was cut
and narrowed as with the cross link between the idler arm & pitman arm.  I
also added Power steering using components from Chevy Duty's Power steering
kit.  I only used the steering box bracket from kit.  Also used their 1963
disc brake kit.  Other power steering components are from a 1969 chevy truck.
Using stock springs the truck sits about 3-4 inches too high.  This can be
corrected by using lowering springs or by airbags in which I will be
installing soon.  Any other questions, please let me know.

Steve Jr.
1950
Chevy 3100

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_1.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_2.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_3.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_4.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_5.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_6.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_7.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_8.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
ek_9.jpg]