[oletrucks] Trans Crossmember Removal

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Trans Crossmember Removal
From: George Perez <gp670@visi.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:10:38 -0400
Well I'm ready to remove the trans cross member and rear spring mounts
as well as the the front axle so I can install the new front clip . My
question is what is the easiest and safest way to remove the large
rivets without damaging the frame. I was thinking of using a cut off
tool on the heads that I can get to and punch out the rest of rivet.
How did you all do it. Is it possible to drill them out? The new front
clip I 'm going to use is from Chassis Tech (see Oct. 2001 Issue of
Classic Trucks ) and it requires the aft spring mount  rivet holes for
alignment with bolts before its welded in.. Has anyone used this front
clip.? I just don't want to screw up the holes. Any advice would be
appreciated

Thanks
George
55 Chevy TF