Re: [oletrucks] Trans Crossmember Removal

To: "George Perez" <gp670@visi.net>, "Ole Trucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans Crossmember Removal
From: "Scott Tyson" <scott-tyson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:19:41 -0400
To remove several rivets I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder and ground the head
off flush to the frame. I then used a punch and a 20oz hammer to punch it
out. The rivets are in there pretty tight so be prepared to give it a hefty
whack. The holes were fine with no distortion. If you drill them out you
need to drill right down the center so you don't ovalize the hole.
Sorry, I can't help with swapping front clips.