[oletrucks] Auction Thread

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Auction Thread
From: James Collins <jxc7@psu.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 15:14:41 -0400
Hi,

This is in reply to some of the recent comments about E-Bay. Thanks
Miq Millman for taking the time to share your thoughts on this issue
more completely. At first I thought it was a little puzzling why you
were reacting to a post that contained truck related information, but
after your explanation it seems quite reasonable and thoughtful,
specifically in regards to the issue of an auction. This is one of
those areas where lack of information sharing and occult practise
most clearly benefit those most willing to do the detective work. The
diligent hunters deserve their rewards. On the surface, I think the
good natured sharing of ideas that makes this list so successful
might have temporarily blinded us to the uniqueness of the auction
method.  Thanks again for running a tight ship.

Shamus
1950 3100