Re: [oletrucks] 57 steering box help

To: NSurles@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 57 steering box help
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:38:15 -0500
Sonny:

The instructions I received with my conversion (some pictures included) do
not show the inner fender reinstalled, so I really can't answer at this
point.  As I said in my earlier message, I'm just getting started with the
conversion. Check with me in the next 30 days (after I'm done) and I can
give you a definate answer.

I bought my conversion kit from Chevy Duty, but since I haven't installed
it, I can't vouch for the accuracy or difficulty yet.  Another vendor CPI
(www.classicperform.com) sells a similar conversion kit and if you go to
their on-line catalog, you can click on a tech article associated with the
parts that has some pretty good photos and instructions.  They (CPI) also
sell the upscale priced power steering conversion using your original
steering box and column.  I can offer no advice on CPI as I have no personal
experience, but I've seen several messages in the last 2 months from some
dissatisfied customers so beware and use your own best judgement.

Hope this helps,

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL