[oletrucks] steering box

To: oletrucks oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] steering box
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk200@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 16:58:21 -0700
I sent this to Neal and it occurred to me that maybe I should send it to
the list for ideas. The Toyota box was just the smallest I found at the
time, I'm sure there are others that would work just as well, IIRC
aren't all PS units made in the USA by TRW. Maybe not Fords, they don't
have recirculating balls. You could even use the original column by
cutting it off, put a bearing in the bottom and grinding the shaft to
fit a U joint.

--
Ben Bennett
http://home.earthlink.net/~greyhawk200/