[oletrucks] Engine mounting

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine mounting
From: "David B. Cushing" <david_b_cushing@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:10:22 -0700
I am putting a 2000 5.3L Vortec engine in my 1957 3100.  Sounds good, but I
running into interference with the firewall, and it is going to take some
modifications.  Since I will be modifying it anyway, I'm thinking the best
thing to do is slide the cab back and mount the motor relative to the
radiator, then bring the cab back forward and trim to fit, then weld in some
new sheet metal to fill in the firewall.  This approach sound good to
people?  Also how far from the radiator would you go?

Thanks

Dave