Re: [oletrucks] tachometers

To: afiggis@attglobal.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tachometers
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 12:07:45 -0700 (PDT)
The TF GMC's had a slot in the dash for a tach or clock, but the TF Chevies had
to do
like what you would do in an AD truck.  The dealer installed alternatives were
to cut a
hole in the dash as you are thinking or to mount a tach in a steel cup on the
steering
wheel column...so both fit the spirit of original if that matters to you.
Since I don't
want to cut the dash in my Suburban, I found an original Sun Tach (3 1/2 inch)
and
chrome mounting cup.  You do also need a transmitter for the old ones.

Mark Noakes

On Sun, 02 June 2002, John Mercier wrote