Re: [oletrucks] tachometers

To: afiggis@attglobal.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tachometers
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 19:25:10 -0700 (PDT)
The style that was used on the old trucks was common in the 50s / 60s; they may
even
have been the premier brand in that era.  You can still find them
around...check the
internet auction sites, etc.

The dials are black with off white letters resembling the TF dash gauges but
most are
not an exact match to the GM trucks though I have seen an exact match unit for
the early
GMCs...$$$...the optional tachs GM sold were Sun units.   I want period
original but it
doesn't have to be so exact for me that I'd be willing to pay $800 for a tach.
I got my
close but not perfect original for a little over $100.

I'm "working" on a cheap conversion kit for the transmitter in my "spare" time
(I work
full time plus OT plus am going to grad school plus we just had twins) but am
making
very slow progress on that project.

Didn't have a very good weekend but that's a topic for another email.

Mark Noakes

On Sun, 02 June 2002, John Mercier wrote