[oletrucks] A Boy and his Engine--235 Head Gasket Magic?

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A Boy and his Engine--235 Head Gasket Magic?
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:51:32 -0700
Gary's engine is coming along nicely:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jforbes2/boyand.jpg

Since we're about ready to put the head on, I was wondering if anyone
has any recommendations for how to put on the copper sandwitch head
gasket.  Do they seal ok without using any sealer?  The block and head
have both been resurfaced, so they should be ok in that regard, but I've
only used the Teflon or Graphite coated head gaskets on the modern
engines I've assembled over the past many years.

Is it a good idea to shoot the gasket with some Copper Coat or similar
stuff to avoid coolant seepage?

Jim F
59s in AZ