Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Question

To: "David Ackerschott" <dackerschott@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Question
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:28:33 -0500
I didn't think anyone else had one of those.  I've got one on my 216.  I
don't think you can change them directly, but you can change to a more
modern (i.e. filter element inside) type of external filter canister.  Some
of the old conversations around this question if it might even be worse to
use one of those "toilet" paper filters than to have none (introducing paper
fibers into the oil).  It was originally (Im "educated" guessing) the "poor
man's" filter.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com