[oletrucks] Putting '53 door together

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Putting '53 door together
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:37:12 -0700
I can't find the URL to the archives, can someone go over the steps to
putting the door together on a '53 with wing vents?  Is it something like:

1.exterior trim around window opening
2.window regulator
3.wing vent assembly but loose
4.door glass along with glass guide and channel put in as one piece?

Should I glue the window channel into the guide (opposite the wing vent
guide) with weatherstripping glue?  What about the top of the door, I think
chevy duty told me to use weatherstripping glue to hold it in place at the
top (where originally it had metal clips that slid into the door
sheetmetal).  Is that strong enough?

Also, does the stainless exterior window molding take off a lot of paint
when putting it on?  I have one that is decent but I might want to change it
later (but door has fresh paint).  Do you have to take any other parts off
to get it off a complete door?

Ok I think thats all of my questions for now :)