[oletrucks] Hood for 41 GMC 1/2 Ton - Tree fell

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@autox.team.net;>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood for 41 GMC 1/2 Ton - Tree fell
From: "The ToonMan" <Squatch56@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:11:09 -0700
I am passing this along for a fellow club member,  Please reply to:

Gordonallgrove@mindspring.com

Hello All,

Yesterday a tree fell on Power lines so Scotts Valley did without power =
from about noon until 8 PM or later.=20
At the same time a Eucalyptus Tree (with 14 inch truck) fell across our =
41 GMC - parked at a friends house.

The good news is I got the tree off of it today and the damage is =
primarily the hood. Considering the weight of the tree, I have a new =
enhanced respect for 'older iron' ( my newer dually would have been =
really hurt).

The bad news is it may take longer to unwrinkle the hood - including =
bent hinges and latches - =20
than to find 'another' hood. I'm including a 'before' photo so you'll =
know what it looks like.=20
(FYI Jim had put this photo in the newsletter before)

So if anyone knows of a hood available for our 41 GMC - we'd be =
interested. (is the 41 Chevy the same hood metal?)

Thank You=20
Gordon & Pam Allgrove

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
41GMC&Rims#1.jpg]