Re: [oletrucks] manifolds

To: archambeault@earthlink.net (Ray Archambeault)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] manifolds
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:44:38 -0500 (CDT)
I think Kirk is looking for a bright chrome like finish.  After you
grind and polish it is possible to have the manifolds powder coated with
a ceramic "chrome" like finish.  Many of the aftermarket headers that
are available are coated with this material.  Look in the phone book for
powder coaters in your area.
If your want a heat resistant black go to a John Deere dealer and buy
some aerosol Black Muffler Paint.  It is made with high temp silicone
resin and ceramic pigments.  It was tested to over 2000 degrees.  It
should be baked in an oven for 30 min. @ 400 degrees before it is fully
heat resistant.   I have had it on my Fenton Headers for many months and
it is still black and no rust.  It is also the best BBQ grill paint
around!

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.