[oletrucks] Re:BALTIMORE CRUSHER UPDATE : 47-72 Chevy trucks...RUSTY!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:BALTIMORE CRUSHER UPDATE : 47-72 Chevy trucks...RUSTY!
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:47:45 EDT
    Ok , I made the trip on Saturday, here's what I saw. They are scheduled
to be crushed on Monday, June 16th, the crusher will be there on Saturday, so
there's still ONE WEEKEND left to buy something! Here's what I found and saw:

(1)  1-ton or better AD truck, very rusty. looked to be mostly complete. Lots
of work, though. lots of pitted surface rust. cab only rusted out in front
corners, maybe.

(1) **** AD 3600 truck, very decent shape, had lock on the doors, chain
running thru handles around cab. Looked to be VGC, didn't ask more about it,
though. Only one of a few that seemed worth the ride.

(3) 64-66 era trucks, Chevy, VERY rusty. Parts only, flatbed types.

(1)  '61 1.5 ton Chevy tow truck, EXTREMELY rusty, EXTREMELY ugly, twin-boom
rig was ok, had rust but mostly surface, looked fixeable. Guy said it had run
when parked, but that had been years ago. $300 for it.

(1 )  '69 impala convertible. left rear quarter had rust, car was complete,
top ripped and some tree damage to top. $300

(1) Corvair, year uncertain but looked to be '66-69 era. Body decent, good
for parts if nothing else.

(2) 69-72 chevy trucks, rusty, and interiors stripped, hardly much left worth
saving. Rims maybe, a fender or hood. beds shot.

(2-ish ) Dodge Coronets, one a R/T big-block. Decent,had rust. Didn't ask
price.

Several early Chargers, one had a decent stripped body ( '66 ? ).

Several Pintos ( coupe and wagon ), good

one El Camino, a real Hodge-podge car/truck. Didn't look too closely. maybe a
 '64?

one IH truck, 1-ton maybe. one guy showed up and bought some parts off of it.

Later model 74-82? Chevy and GMC trucks, all rusty.

 Several vans, buried in the reeds ( yes, reeds, not woods. Couldn't even see
them clearly) Some Dodge, some Chevy.

A row of big-block Ford motors. I think he'd taken them out of something,
they were on end, and didn't look like they'd been there too long. Mostly
complete engines.

A couple of old mid-''60's Rambler sedans. I told them I'd take the trim and
emblems if no one else bought them. :)

Several mid-60's Ford trucks, parts only.

Well, that's what I saw, I think the one 3600 AD truck is worth saving, other
than that, maybe a few parts off the others. But that's about it. Prices are
CHEAP, too! We bought a '67 Rambler American for $50, and stripped the whole
car down to the shell and motor left. Took one rear quarter, too. Not bad! I
bought a '30's Studebaker truck motor, it looked like a fun piece, so I paid
$50 for it. HAd the tranny with it, it was a flat-head 6. Mostly complete.
Had the starter. Might try to turn it over this weekend, or not. Not much
time. Anyway, there's the report, do with it as you will ( drool or hit
Delete key) Signing off,

Jerry in Virginia
bought a few parts, got a few free.
'55 Chevy Suburban