Re: [oletrucks] FW: Leaf Springs

To: jonfudge@mchsi.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] FW: Leaf Springs
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:18:23 -0500
Jon:

Just recently did the front springs on my '56 1/2 ton Chevy stepside.  I
bought a product called "poly-liner" from vendor Chevy Duty.  It is a flat
plastic type material that comes in a roll (you cut the length you need) and
claims to have enough material to do both front and back springs.  It was a
snap for me to use. I haven't had my truck back on the road yet but I'm sure
the liner will be better than what I had originally.  I think the price for
a roll was around $65, and since I did my front springs only I have plenty
left.  If you're not planning on doing both front and back sets I'll bet
I've got enough.  Email me off-list if you're interested in buying what I
have left.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL