RE: [oletrucks] FW: Leaf Springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] FW: Leaf Springs
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:12:09 -0500
There are people around who believe that right or wrong, if GM built
it that way in 1951, there is NO improvement in materials or design
in the last 51 years that is better or safer than the original equipment.

All that no lube does is let the springs squeak and wear notches
in the springs so they break.  If you don't have working shocks,
the leaf to leaf friction will do much the same thing that the shocks
do  Even lubricated springs do this to some extent.  I believe that
even in the old days, there used to be graphite impregnated cloth
between the leaves.  The plastics available nowdays last much longer
and work better.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN