[oletrucks] Lubesters must go

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Lubesters must go
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjjmsj@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:43:46 -0700
I have to make some choices I hate to make.  It is either get rid of
valuable truck/auto parts, engines, or other "stuff".  It will be the other
stuff that goes first.  Here's an item to jazz up your shop...an old bulk
oil dispenser/reservoir/bulk oiler, lubester, etc.  Not really sure what
name they commonly went by.  You see these on all the automotive programs on
TV, like HotRod TV, and Crank and Chrome, etc...right next to the old gas
pump.

I am having to lighten our move, and so am offering to sell a couple of the
oilers I've acquired.  This one is just waiting for you to add the decal of
your choice, to make it whatever brand you want.  The pump is a dark green
(British racing green) - perfect for a Texaco or Sinclair or Conoco, or
....well, the pump can easily be overpainted to make it work with any
particular brand...the white base goes with everything).  It works too...put
a couple quarts of oil in it, then when someone wants to see it operate,
turn the handle, hold the oil bottle under the spout, and...voila.  Brings
back old memories of my uncle's Pure Oil station.  Both the green and white
paint are automotive paint, so not cheap spray paint, but
semi-professionally painted and nice and durable.  I can even get you a
decal to complete the pump if you want.

The white was left over from a Buick paint job...the green from my '49 Chevy
pickup.  Since this is automotive paint, I wouldn't hesitate to store it
outside for that matter.  I had planned to paint the other one Buick red
when I got around to painting my 455, but heck, I haven't even started
building it yet, and now with the move coming up, doesn't look like that
will happen for awhile.  I am keeping one, but will try to find homes for
the other two.  I already have to move two Buick 455 engines, a Buick 350
engine, a Chevy 235, plus an old gas pump, not to mention the two auto
trannies, one manual granny tranny, etc. etc.  Unfortunately, the military
movers won't touch auto parts, so....wife says something must go as you can
only fit so much in a U-Haul.

The second lubester has been stripped, and is ready for painting (not as in
the picture...that is just to give an idea of how it started).  The pump is
in primer, the body is bare metal, but it has been Ospho-protected against
air-rusting, so there is no rust and it's ready to be primed (I can get a
picture if desired of its current condition).  I could even prime it if that
is desired.  The second image is what these oilers look like when you find
them...years and years of built up paint and full of congealed oil crud.
The hard and messy work of cleaning the inside out (steam cleaned), and
stripping off the old layers of paint has been done (I counted at least 6
layers of paint on the one still unfinished!).

If you are interested, contact me off list (rjjmsj@charter.net) and see if
we can work something out.  I would prefer not to ship (these are located in
Silverdale, WA), but if you are willing to pay the shipping costs, I suppose
that can be arranged.  What I'm told by my wife I'm NOT interested in, is
trading for MORE stuff.

Rob

P.S.  Pictures are available for viewing at: