[oletrucks] brake swap

To: oletrucks mail <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] brake swap
From: Karen Magill <dnkmagill@abi.tconline.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:42:09 -0500
    I have a 55 2nd series with a 64 El Camino front clip with drum
brakes. I know that 64-72 El Camino/ Chevelle disc will swap but does
anyone know if any later model hubs will work. I was given the disc
brake set up from a 75 Monte Carlo but I think they are too big. are
there any sites out there that will tell me.
   Also.. I had a quote from the local glass man of 80.00 a door for new
tinted glass if I would take them out . does this sound reasonable to
you that have done this.?
   And  while I was at the wrecking yard today the man brought in a 50
model cab and it had a real straight sun visor laying on the trailer. I
don't know one visor from another but if someone is interested I will
try and do some measuring for you. It was made from aluminum .so I am
guessing it is aftermarket.            Thanks for the help    I am in
west central Tx.      Deacon