Re: [oletrucks] fabricator

To: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fabricator
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:27:52 -0400
Tom,

I have not personally had any work done by Fat Man, but I know several
people that
have and they are quite satisfied.  I am planning on having them do the
front end on
one of my '38 Olds Business Coupes the first of next year, so I have
researched them
and believe that they offer a fair price for what they do.

Keep us posted.

Jim V.

At 05:41 PM 6/29/02 Saturday, Tom Cooper wrote:
>Has anyone ever heard of and or dealt with a company in Charlotte NC called
>Fat Man Fabrications? I have a 55 Chevy 2nd Series and they said for around
>2700.00 they could put a Mustang ll front end under my truck. I know this
>includes the ECI rotors and pads from an 82 or up Monte Carlo, so the rotors
>are larger than the 9" rotors on a Mustang ll from end. The pieces are made
>in their shop so everything is new and finished. Does this sound like a
>reasonable good deal? I know good deals are what people are willing to pay,
>but I don't have a clue as to what something like that cost.
>Thanks for the information.
>                                         Tom
>                                         55 2nd
>                                         95 GMC
>
>1997 -2000 Racing Seasons
>http://home.earthlink.net/~tomntam/index.html
>Don't crush em, restore em!!

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net