Re: [oletrucks] overdrive

To: <Wdonohoe1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] overdrive
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:44:07 -0700
I think it depends on the overdrive.  Some transmissions have an overdrive
final gear that is part of the transmission.  The old Saginaw overdrives
replace the output shaft and tail housing with special pieces that can be
unbolted and removed.

I have a Saginaw 4-speed that has the overdrive from a 3-speed adapted to
it.  Unfortunately I've not found a shifter that will work with it.