Re: [oletrucks] OverDrive Inc.

To: msoong@kauaigov.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OverDrive Inc.
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:13:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/2002 7:03:58 PM Central Standard Time,
msoong@kauaigov.com writes:

> Does anyone know if OverDrive Inc. is still in business.  I heard they sell
> a manual control that replaces the solenoid on Borg Warner overdrive
> transmissions.  If they are still in business can someone send me their
> address or phone number.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike,
   I tried to contact them via snail mail about 3 years ago without response.
 I tried to look them up on Internet and found no listing either.  I have a
working solenoid for my OD and a rebuildable spare, but I thought a manual
control would be a great backup if the electrics ever quit and I could not
find a rebuilder.  It does not look like rocket science to build one though.
The tricky piece is the machined end that goes into the transmission itself.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX