Re: [oletrucks] Dead List

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dead List
From: "steve" <slstu@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:56:48 -0500
About this Chevy 6.5 diesel bashing; The company I work for supplies me with
a Chevy 3500HD Van. The 97 6.5L had  87,xxx on it when they transferred me
to another branch. They then gave me a '01 with 2000 miles. It now has
33,520 on it. Both these 6.5's have had regular preventive maintenance on
them and that has been about it. I ran the heck out of that '97 and I treat
this '01 about the same. They run great! Only problem I had with either was
the exhaust crossover to the turbo ('01) split and the warrantee covered
that. Neither one has let me down, but I still wouldn't stick a 6.5 in my
'51 3100.
Another 2 cents worth
Steve
St Peters, MO