[oletrucks] 1958 Serial Number Mystery

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1958 Serial Number Mystery
From: "Stern,Jason" <JStern@elections.state.la.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:22:13 -0500
Good morning guys,

I retrieved my serial number yesterday from my truck.  Could one of
ya'll that mentioned you have the books determine if it's a GMC or
Chevrolet?  I'm leaning towards GMC, based on my gauge cluster and the
fact that it says GMC Truck: General Motors of America on the Vin plate.
But it has a Chevy grill and a Chevy tailgate! :-S  Another tidbit:  the
GMC logo on the gauge cluster was turned upside down with the G and C
punched through.  So it looks like this: _W_   Somebody really wanted
this to be a bow tie truck!

Here it is: 101 8P S17571A

I await your answer! :)

Jason