RE: [oletrucks] 1958 Serial Number Mystery

To: "Stern,Jason" <JStern@elections.state.la.us>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1958 Serial Number Mystery
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:47:05 -0500
By the way, the S in the serial is the same for 1958 and 1959.  I know that S
with a serial # below 35001 used a V8 engine based on Pontiac's 1958 370 cubic
inch V8, but with a smaller 3.875" bore yielding 336.1 cubic inches. Starting
at serial number 35001 the V8s were based on Pontiac's 1959 389 cubic inch V8,
but with a smaller 3.78" bore yielding 336.9 cubic inches.  I assume, but have
never seen it officially printed, that serial numbers below 35001 are 58 models
and 35001 and up are 59 models.

If you would like to have an un-punched GMC logo for your dash, I think I may
have an extra.  No charge, just let me know.