[oletrucks] Front motor mount

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Front motor mount
From: "Rob J." <robertjacobs@ureach.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:38:57 -0700
I need to pull the 235 from my '49 later today.  I looked yesterday, and saw 4
bolts thru the crossmember.  Two had castle nuts and cotter pins, the other
two didn't.  From memory, seems the two outside bolts were with the castle
nuts.  Again, from memory, only two of those need to be removed to get the
engine out...but which two?  Inside or outside ones?  What is the purpose of
the other two?  To hold the sandwich mount together (baseplate, rubber pad,
top plate)?

Rob