[oletrucks] big trucks....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] big trucks....
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:45:20 -0400
Knowing the 48 1-ton trucks came with 8 lug 17 inch wheels, someone
submitted an article on chevytrucks.org stating that>>>>

Late Chevrolet solid 16" 8-hole wheels with 4 3/4" backspacing will not
work. They interfere with the steering arms but not the drag link and knock
the wheel weights off among other problems. I had thought I could get away
with 1/8" clearance but that's too close to acommodate wheel flex. Both
Ford and Dodge 16" 8-hole wheels are available in
wrecking yards with 3-3/4" backspacing (I have 2, need 2 more). The
backspacing on the original 17" wheels I have measure 3-3/4".

Anybody know what year F*^D and D^&ge wheels they are referring to? Or any
help at all is appreciated. Had a couple emails on this from the site and
want to get it straightened out. By the way Tom Allen was the writer of
this article--TOM ya still around???? --wayne

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.
http://www.chevytrucks.org