Re: [oletrucks] 50-51 Chevy with extended cab

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50-51 Chevy with extended cab
From: "jon peters" <i51gmc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:47:21 -0400
I'm in the process of doing this. It will be an extended cab with shortened
rear doors. Like what is offered on the market today.

The GMC factory made 4 door cabs for fire trucks. I helped restore one and
thats where I got the idea. The factory cabs were, for all practical
purposes two cabs back to back with a rear cab section spliced in. They
created a filler panel to fit between the sloped door area and the upright
rear cab area. The rear doors were 48 style (one piece glass) with the taper
intact. Drivers rear was a pass front and likewise the same for the other
side. The floor had the cross brace linked between the front and rear cab
(the firemen in the rear used it as a foot rest). Factory ears were on the
frame for body mounting, the rear (now mid) were changed to the frame ears
mounts, now totaling 6 (two front, two mid and two rear).

Jon P