[oletrucks] door latches for 53

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] door latches for 53
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:37:20 -0700
I got some door latches for my '53 from Truck Shop and I think I found my
problem.  The original latches will line up in the center of all 3 holes on
the door jamb, but on the truck shop ones the top hole is slightly towards
the outside of the door.  It is hitting something on the inside of the door
side.  Are Chevy Duty's the same ones?  My problem is the part that the door
remote attaches to, doesn't come through the hole far enough (almost flush).
  Brother's seem extremely expensive.  It's over $100 for two latches.