Re: [oletrucks] survey of high-speed options

To: "tim" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] survey of high-speed options
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:38:51 -0700
I've recently installed a 3.08 rear under my 55 1st GMC Suburban.  When I
got it, it had a non-original 3.54 rear that a friend says came from a Jeep
Wagoneer.  Tires are 235/70-15s and about 28 inches tall.

With a GMC 270, and a 4-speed with granny first, I can run down the highway
at 60+ with the drivetrain all feeling good.  Front end is a little loose,
so I spend very little time going any faster than 60.  But my daily commute
includes almost 10 miles of highway, and its much better with the new gears.

See my website for more about the whole swap.  www.oldsub.com.