[oletrucks] Clutch problems?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch problems?
From: "Kenneth T. Sandell" <kensandell@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:42:31 -0700
Okay guys, I've adjusted the clutch linkage as much as I know how to.  I've
adjusted it so the clutch disengages from 2 inches above the floow, to 4
inches above the floor.  I've adjusted freeplay from none to a lot.  I've
adjusted the gear stops as well.

I may be adjusting the clutch linkage wrong, if anyone knows how to properly
adjust the linkage on a Muncie 4 speed on a 1955 Chevy truck, that'd be
great.

But here is the problem, when I shift into 1st, it starts out fine, but if I
let the clutch out all the way, the truck jerks back and forth.  I go to shift
gears, and it will grind, rather than shift.  However, in reverse, it's seems
much better, I can fully depress the clutch, and the truck will drive around
all day, smooth, in reverse.