Re: [oletrucks] Feeling lost and lonely

To: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>, <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Feeling lost and lonely
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:19:08 -0700
Oh I think we're all different, and what you enjoy might be far different
from what I or the next guy likes.

Saturday my son and I took in a car show, and debated driving our far from
complete project, or driving the modern car with all the trimmings.  We
choose the modern car because it would do the trip on half the gas (no gas
stops for it, two if we took the old sub), and the show was far enough way
it made a significant budget difference.  And then after walking around for
three or four hours, driving that modern car with all its refinements is
sure more pleasant than driving my old suburban.  That might not always be
true, but it is right now.

Everywhere I've been today I've driven the old sub.  Why?  Just because I
get a kick out of driving it.  And I plan to drive it to work all week for
the same reason.

I've never really felt any of my projects were finished.  I remember a
friend once admiring my most recent work and calling it finished.  While
that was satisfying, I objected.  Only that stage of the project was done,
and while I didn't change anything for a at least a month or two, it sure
wasn't finished and never was while I owned it.