Re: [oletrucks] motor ID

To: "Robert Kremer" <hrkremer@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] motor ID
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:48:08 -0500
The 848 head is a high compression head (used on a lot of Hydromatic
equipped 235's); highly desirable.  AFA the year, you need the serial
numbers to better narrow the year (& possibly original application).  The
numbers you have given are casting numbers & cover a wide range of years.
The serial number for the motor is stamped on a boss just behind the
distributor.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com