[oletrucks] old truck movies

To: Ss409409hp@aol.com
Subject: [oletrucks] old truck movies
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 02:57:36 EDT
I was watching Paul Muni in " I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang "(1932)
on tv drooling over all the old trucks and got to wondering what other movies

had a lot of trucks prominant.I have "They Drive By Night "with Bogey, George

Raft, and Ann Sheridan, but there have to be others. I remember one about
guys hauling explosives in South America, I think, from the Thirties or
Fourties. It's interesting to see them as they were, working trucks trying to

make someone a living. Any other memories out there?
                                        Thanks,
Morgan Sellers

Hi Morgan

The movie you're talking about is a 1952 french movie called "WAGES OF FEAR"
(Le salaire de la peur)

It won the Cannes film festival movie award in 1953. It's a french movie
about guys hauling nitroglicerine in south america. Actors are Yves Montand
and Charles Vanel, and and the director is Henri Georges Clouzot

I think you can find it in VHS or DVD. This is a real great classic. JP