Re: [oletrucks] old truck movies

To: Spinningroach@aol.com, Ss409409hp@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] old truck movies
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
There is the 1962 movie "Hatari" with John Wayne, they have a right hand drive
AD, unsure what year. They added a bed off of what looks like a ' 60 or ' 61
Chevy. They really run the hell out of it! That little 216 (or possibly 235)
was really winding up!. The Rhino's like to "kiss" it too! Good all around
family movie.
Rick (Griz) Warren
'55 1st 3100
 Spinningroach@aol.com wrote:I was watching Paul Muni in " I Am A Fugitive From
A Chain Gang "(1932)
on tv drooling over all the old trucks and got to wondering what other movies

had a lot of trucks prominant.I have "They Drive By Night "with Bogey, George

Raft, and Ann Sheridan, but there have to be others. I remember one about
guys hauling explosives in South America, I think, from the Thirties or
Fourties. It's interesting to see them as they were, working trucks trying to

make someone a living. Any other memories out there?
Thanks,
Morgan Sellers

Hi Morgan

The movie you're talking about is a 1952 french movie called "WAGES OF FEAR"
(Le salaire de la peur)

It won the Cannes film festival movie award in 1953. It's a french movie
about guys hauling nitroglicerine in south america. Actors are Yves Montand
and Charles Vanel, and and the director is Henri Georges Clouzot

I think you can find it in VHS or DVD. This is a real great classic. JP