Re: [oletrucks] american classics (?)

To: "Dana Muise" <dana@spazzco.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] american classics (?)
From: "Charles Culver" <clca@houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:27:52 -0700
I've been very happy with Chevy Duty.

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
1950 3600 (Mine)
1958 Apache (Hers)
See 'em at http://www.smokeyspage.com/Home.html
----- Original Message -----

From: "Dana Muise" <dana@spazzco.com>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 12:25 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] american classics (?)

> Has anyone dealt with http://www.americanclassic.com? What was your
experience?
> They have a great online parts store, but it seems everytime I order
something I regret it.  I ordered a new sunviser, I got something that was
made out of thin cardboard! Sometimes crucial parts are missing from kits
(ie; a new steering dampener). After shipped to the wrong address they
applied extra shipping charges to my credit card without consulting me. Is
this just a few isolated incidents or has anyone else had similar
experiences with them? Over the phone I get the impression they hate their
jobs. My favorite parts place is Patricks, but they don't offer the huge
inventory of pre-1960 stock Chevy truck parts. Can anyone suggest an
alternative?