Re: [oletrucks] engine angle

To: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine angle
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 18:01:17 -0700
Hi,

I would still set that engine in level "front to back and side to
side".....fuel injection or not!  Theirs no reason not to set the engine in
level and I'm sure the engine's oil flow, lubrication and heat transfer
might be reduced with less engine angle???  If your setting the engine with
a 5 degree slant toward the back I would have to set the rearend pinion
angle at a minimum of 7 degree's down to give the u-joints a fighting chance
of maintaining a working angle.  I always set up a rearend with 2 degree's
more downward angle then the transmission output shaft on a leaf spring
suspension because on acceleration the springs wrap and rotate the pinion
upward.

Joe Garcia