Re: [oletrucks] Electrical Help please

To: <bmcnulty@csuchico.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electrical Help please
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:52:01 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
=0D
Bob, just need a wire from the plus side of battery or off the cable as i=
connects to starter to the coil plus side or if you want the one side of
resistor if you have  that. If you have starter with one big and two litt=
le
wires on selonoid, you can cross one of those with the big wire and it wi=
ll
be full volts to coil, just like it is when you first crank, thus skippin=
the resistor. I'm thinking you are going to have resistance wire and not =
resistor on most old Chevs, could be wrong. Basically you need 12 volts t=
plus side of coil to run. BUT, it will stay running no matter what key
position is until you pull the wire off. I have lots of wires with alliga=
tor
clips on them that I use for jumping and connecting stuff I work on . It
works good with clips on them.=0D
=0D
G. L. Grumpy's=0D
Old Iron Ranch=0D