[oletrucks] thanks for the reply "motor&tranny

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] thanks for the reply "motor&tranny
From: "John Howard" <debjonjd@vianet.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:37:35 -0500
Now here's the story, I though that (double headlight) 58 GMC 1/2 ton would
be a good replacement
for my motor and tranny and rearend in my 53 chevy truck someday..It's not
that the motor in the 53
 is not good but  I'm not sure  how much longer I can take the rear
end...man oh man does that thing
whine at 40 or 50 miles per hour.....so I thought perhaps trading some of
the power trane over.
 Providing I got the 58 at a reasonable price..Tell me what you guys think?