Re: [oletrucks] thanks for the reply "motor&tranny

To: "John Howard" <debjonjd@vianet.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] thanks for the reply "motor&tranny
From: "Charles Culver" <clca@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:35:36 -0500
John-

I had the same thing with the rear end in my '50 3600.  I have a 235, and
the rear end would howl at 40-50 MPH.  So I put in a higher speed rear end,
and it made a world of difference.  And I kept the 235, which is a fantastic
engine.  Next step will be to replace the transmission with a 5-speed from a
Chevy S-10, and keep the 235.

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
1950 3600 (Mine)