[oletrucks] SBC problem

To: "Richards, Troy" <TRichards@hrgreen.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] SBC problem
From: "Richards, Troy" <TRichards@hrgreen.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:38:29 -0500
 I'm having a problem with the Vacuum Advance on my Small Block Chevy. The
only vacuum line I currently have connect is from the manifold  to the power
assist for the brakes, the truck runs fine but gets horrible gas mileage. If
I connect the vacuum advance to the carb, the truck will idle rough. If I
give it gas it will immediately die.
 So far I have replaced the carb and vacuum advance on the distributor. I'm
using an edelbrock performer, new not used, and a mallory unilite
distributor. I contracted Mr. Gasket, makers of the mallory line, and the
basic response I got was "try another vacuum line". Not much help there. I
have replaced all vacuum lines involved.
 I tried tapping into the manifold vacuum and that worked for about a day.
Then the stuttering returned and I had to disconnect the vacuum advance.
 All this seems to point to an internal problem with the distributor.
Has anyone else run into a similar problem with a distributor?

        Thanks

        Troy

                  www.hrgreen.com <www.hrgreen.com>