[oletrucks] Trans/Speedo gears

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Trans/Speedo gears
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:27:41 EDT
My '65 step has a turbo 350 trans that obviously was in a car with a much
higher (numerically low) gear ratio rear end.  My truck has 3.73 gears and
the speedo reads very high.  To maintain an actual 60 MPH, my speedo must
read 80-85 MPH!  I have not pulled the speedo drive gear yet to count the
teeth, but I'd like to get one that will make my speed more accurate.  How
many teeth should I be looking for and where can I get such a thing?

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX