[oletrucks] Outside Key Lock

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Outside Key Lock
From: LIZINTW@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:23:55 EST
Hey y'all,

Need some assistance getting the outside key lock of my son's (really my
husband's) 1950 Chevy pickup to work.  We purchased a new lock/key and right
side door jam from chevy duty.  The problem is the door jam mechanism locks
and unlocks with a quarter turn.  The lock mechanism needs a half turn in
order to lock or unlock.  My husband called the tech's at chevy duty and they
checked the other locks they had in stock and said they are all like that
(lock/unlock with half a turn vice a quarter).  In other words they can't
help.  Is there anyone out there that knows what I am talking about and might
be able to help?  For info only: my husband said that the original door jam
mechanism is exactly like the new one, it needs only a quarter turn to lock
or unlock.  The old lock that was replaced we have no way to check because it
didn't come with a key.  Help, Please!

Liz Allen